- June 1: The Minnesota Historical Society is holding a state-wide open house (i.e., free admission) at all of their parks and historic sites. There are eight such sites in the metro: Mill City Museum, the State Capitol, Fort Snelling, Sibley House, Minnehaha Depot, Alexander Ramsey House, Minnesota History Center, James J. Hill House.
- Starting in November, Alaska Airlines will offer roundtrip service from MSP to Seattle. That’s a new carrier at MSP. They’re offering a special introductory rate of $139 (one-way) between MSP and SEA so if you wanted to do that fly out, drive back (or vice versa) thing, here’s a good chance.
- Chuck Olsen has Atmosphere on Conan.
- “Sharp increase in anti-LGBT violence in Minnesota.”
- “Minnesota Nice? Fuck That.” Verbal assault at the Holiday Station. What a douche!
- The University of Minnesota has entered their solar-powered vehicle, Centaurus, in the 2008 North American Solar Challenge. (And I’ll just point out that my alma mater, the University of Michigan, has won four of the eight races.)
- MinnPost has video of the Minneapolis Art on Wheels project. Super cool! Commenter suggests projecting on the side of the Xcel Energy Center during the RNC.
- “Good to the last drip: Minneapolis to spend $180,000 to market its (wait for this) tap water.”
- The Walker, mnartists.org, and The Unconvention are sponsoring a competition for artist-designed political yard signs called My Yard Our Message.
- Memorial Day Weekend is the time for the Northstar Classic Softball Tournament. There are all sorts of activities surrounding this giant gay softball tournament.
- That Lunds that has been under construction for three years at 12th & Hennepin could end up two blocks up the road, and bigger.
Lastly, because I can’t let it go, you need to look directly at the Taylor Carik = Bon Iver photo.
Image courtesy of mthomps00. Okay, I’m done with that.