wedding style on the cheap
This is a busy time for brides-to-be, whether engaged over the holidays or Valentine’s day and just beginning to plan, or in the final stages for their summer wedding. Regardless of where you’re at in wedding planning, there are three things that can be assumed:
- Money is tight.
- Time is tight.
- A dress must be purchased.
Luckily for you, Twin Cities bridal shops are teeming with trunk and sample sales over the next couple of months. Personally, I’m a fan of sample sales (at which I got my $4,000 dress for $99). They are likely to be more chaotic, and the dresses are a bit older and might not be in amazing condition, so weigh the factors (such as cost of cleaning and repairs) before buying anything. But on the plus side, if you’ve put off the dress purchase, sample sale gowns are off the rack, which means you’ll take it home that day, instead of waiting at least 6 months for a special order.
Many bridal shops’ websites list trunk and sample sales on their websites. For example:
- L’Atelier Couture is holding a sample sale from March 29-Apr 3
- Rush’s Bridal is holding a One Day Only sale on March 28, at which all bridal gowns in the store will be 50% off
- Macy’s downtown is holding a Lazaro trunk sale from March 5-7
- Heartstrings Bridal is holding a Casablanca trunk sale from March 26-April 3
- Napier Bridal is holding a Mia Solano trunk sale from March 19-21
- Brides of France is offering 10% off everything in their store (Edina location only)
- Wedding Shoppe is holding an Alfred Angelo trunk sale from March 11-13
Keep a faithful eye on your favorite shop’s website and you could be rewarded! Or if you’re not afraid of the hype, you can run with the brides at the $299 Sale, held every fall at the Minneapolis Convention Center.