Prince demolishes his house in Chanhassen

If you can stomach C.J., here’s a bit from the Star Tribune.

“I know somebody obtained a demolition permit,” Chanhassen building official Steve Torell said Monday. “I saw [the house] earlier last week. I wasn’t here Friday, so I don’t know if it’s down or not, yet. It is tough to see back there.”

Sunday I could not see the house but did notice construction vehicles on the property. I went to check it out after receiving this anonymous e-mail on Saturday: “What purple wonder multimillionaire is destroying his current home to build a new house. What purple wonder decided to fire his entire security staff (due to the construction) with no notice and paid not one thin dime of severance, as we enter the holidays!” The e-mail claims some of those fired have worked for Prince for 20 years. That’s hard to believe, because he doesn’t keep people around that long.

Another claim is not borne out by city records. Torell said no permit had been taken out to build another home there.

Comments are closed.


Terms of use | Privacy Policy | Content: Creative Commons | Site and Design © 2009 | Metroblogging ® and Metblogs ® are registered trademarks of Bode Media, Inc.